Welcome to Year 4!
Happy New Year! We hope you all had a lovely Christmas break. We are looking forward to welcoming the children back and getting started on what is sure to be another busy term. Please check this page regularly for curriculum information, as well as weekly home learning tasks and remote learning activities for those children who are having to isolate. As mentioned in the final newsletter of last term, the class emails are no longer in operation. If you need to speak to us, we are usually in the yard before and after school or alternatively you can phone or email the admin team to leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We will post weekly homework tasks here every Friday. Below are the tasks for Friday 21st January
- This week in Geography children have been identifying the 50 American states using this website and we have challenged them to achieve the fastest time. There are other maps to try too.
- My Maths: Please complete the tasks set for this week. There are lessons to do which support the tasks if you feel your child would benefit from the additional practice. There are also games to play, if the children wish to.
- CLIC/SAFE: Please look at the tests the children bring home each Friday and go over any mistakes. Please get in touch if you need some guidance!
- TT Rockstars/Numbots: Please spend at least 20 minutes practising number facts and keep an eye out for battles with other classes!
- Spelling Shed: Please spend at least 20 minutes on here. There is a new list of Science words on the digestive system. Weekly spelling tests take place on Fridays.
- Reading: Please read as often as you can, but at least four times a week. The children should bring a selection of appropriate books home on a Wednesday and can return them whenever they've finished them.
- Those registered, should also complete their Lexia or Nessy usage.