Latest Year 4 News
We strive to promote good mental health throughout school and are keen hear parents' views about our current provision and what we can do improve. You should have received email with a link to a survey, which we hope you'll help us by completing. The survey can also be accessed via the Support for Families page.
Please check this page regularly for curriculum information, as well as weekly home learning tasks. As mentioned previously, the class emails are no longer in operation. If you need to speak to us, we are usually in the yard before and after school or alternatively you can phone or email the admin team to leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. PE is on Tuesdays this term and our Sports Day is 1:30 on Thursday 30th June. We hope you can attend.
We will post weekly homework tasks here every Friday. Below are the tasks for Friday 1st July
- Geography To continue our learning about rivers, we would like the children to choose a river somewhere else in the world and to find out some interesting facts about it e.g location of the source/mouth, how long it is, which countries does it run through etc
- My Maths: Please complete the tasks set for this week. There are lessons to do which support the tasks if you feel your child would benefit from the additional practice. There are also games to play, if the children wish to.
- CLIC/SAFE: Please look at the tests the children bring home each Friday and go over any mistakes. Please get in touch if you need some guidance!
- TT Rockstars/Numbots: Please spend at least 20 minutes practising number facts and keep an eye out for battles with other classes!
- Spelling Shed: Please spend at least 20 minutes on here. There is a new list of Science words on the digestive system. Weekly spelling tests take place on Fridays.
- Reading: Please read as often as you can, but at least four times a week. The children should bring a selection of appropriate books each week and can return them whenever they've finished them.
- Those registered, should also complete their Lexia or Nessy usage.