Welcome to Year 1
Please see the Spring Term Curriculum Overview and Spring Term Maths Small Steps under Curriculum Information below for details on this term's learning.
Please continue to check this page weekly for Home Learning tasks and reminders.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch via email email@example.com or telephone the School Office.
This week: Friday 23rd February
- Please complete the MyMaths task - Place Value within 50
- To further support your child's learning in maths this week, you could visit the Top Marks site, Hit the Button. This week we have practising halving and doubling.
- This week we have begun our History topic on Intrepid Explorers. We spent time this week finding differences between now and when Christopher Columbus was alive over 500 years ago. If you have time you could ask your child what differences they can remember - think about travel, toys, clothes and maps.
- Your child will bring home a small plastic folder containing one or two Phonics books which should be read at least twice before the return date indicated on or in the folder.
- Sharing Books are changed on a Friday.
- Beat That CLIC and Learn Its come home each Friday. Please check through any errors with your child and celebrate if they beat their last score!
- We aim to increase the children's vocabulary by introducing new words each month in the classroom and on the Class Page. It would be beneficial to your child if you could find time to chat about the words. Can you use them in a sentence? It is not the expectation that your child can read or write the words - just to gain an understanding of the word and to be confident to try to use new words, building up their vocabulary. Please find February's words below.