I hope that you all had a nice weekend, please leave a blog post or send me a message about what you got up to. It is always good to hear what you have all been doing.
Pick your warm-up. There are lots of choices that we have been through in previous weeks.
- MyMiniMaths (10 mins) - Answers in Daily Resources
- For the main maths this week there are two options.
- First - If you would like to keep practising fractions work including equivalent and addition and subtractions then head to White Rose (Summer - Week 3) each day to keep practising those skills.
- Second - If you are either happy with fractions or can't face another fractions question, then start working on the data work with a look at averages and the mean average. Video below or you can read about the mean here.
- There are a few practice questions on calculating the mean in the Daily Resources. Questions at 3 levels with answers.
- Challenge problem. Create a set of 5 data values where the mean is not the same as any of the data given in the group.
* Always check on SATs companion as there are follow-up questions set for the week to practise skills and to help secure learning.
- Start with spelling Shed for 10 minutes - New rule.
- SATs companion reading comprehension.
These are extra tasks that can be done at your leisure. Do not feel like you have to complete them all each week.
- Carry on and complete the travel brochure that we started on Friday in geography.
- History: Greek Mythology
Discover why myths are told in the first place, then learn about some of the most famous myths (link below - Pick out the Greek myths or explore some myths from other countries).